Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 28 January 2022
Job Title: Policy & PR Executive
Working For: Radiocentre
Salary: £32,000 plus bonus
Length of Contract: Permanent
Here’s the offer
An exciting opportunity to work across a range of policy, PR and communications issues with the organisation that champions and represents commercial radio in the UK.
Radiocentre is the industry body acting on behalf the nation’s foremost radio brands, from the biggest – including Heart, Capital, Magic, Kiss, Classic FM – to smaller, independent local groups.
You will work to support our team and help maximise the impact of our work with a wide variety of stakeholders, from advertisers and agencies to politicians and regulators.
You will need to be friendly, confident and have a great attention to detail. The role will provide considerable range and variety, opening up great opportunities for the right candidate. It will require you to demonstrate a combination of strong organisational and administrative skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and understand politics and the media.
You must be a self-starter with plenty of initiative and an ability to multitask. Some experience of the advertising, marketing or political world would be an advantage.
This role is full-time and will be based in London. You will report to the Head of Public Affairs but also work across the organisation including directly with the CEO.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Overseeing Radiocentre contact strategy with MPs, Peers and government officials
• Supporting delivery of external communications and events
• Ensuring projects and correspondence are followed up on behalf of CEO
• Fielding incoming enquires from member companies
• Organising industry training workshops
• Management of office functions and contractors
You must have:
• excellent communication skills
• great organisational skills
• strong IT skills – excellent in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
• team spirit
• a calm, unflappable manner
• sense of humour
• flexibility to adapt to a range of situations
• a love of radio and audio
• good understanding of advertising and marketing (desirable)
Find out more here - https://www.radiocentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/RC-Policy-PR-Exec-job-spec-FINAL.pdf
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
Interviews in early February. Start date ideally on or around 1st March 2022
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Radiocentre's Head of Public Affairs at email@example.com