Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 18 February 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Stuart Anderson MP (Wolverhampton South West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (4/5 Days)
Length of Contract: 12 Months
- Analyse, evaluate, and interpret data to ensure Stuart is accurately informed on key national and local issues.
- Assist in writing and preparing external communications including speeches and questions for Stuart.
- Compile briefing packs for Stuart, take notes of meetings and draft appropriate submissions.
- Oversee and welcome constituents and guest visits to Parliament
- Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including motions, legislation, Hansard, debates, Defence Select Committee business etc.
- Parliamentary Inbox, Diary and Calendar Management
- Professional data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation.
- Provide Stuart with advice on Parliamentary policy issues.
- Help draft amendments for reports and prepare briefing material.
- Maintain positive ongoing relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers, and Westminster colleagues.
- Monitor local, regional, and national media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues.
- Provide generalist admin support, including managing the day to day running of the Westminster office.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries relating to Stuarts Parliamentary business.
- To travel to the constituency office in Wolverhampton if needed.
- Have an understanding of IPSA and provide assistance.
- It would be preferable, but not essential, to have an understanding or experience of Defence and working in Parliament.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 February 2022
Interviews to be held w/c 28th February 2022
Start Date: Early March (negotiable)
Closing time: 11pm
Please email a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please point to your relevant experience and why you want to work for Stuart.
We will contact you for an interview. If you do not hear from us, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.