Key purpose: The Local Organiser will be responsible for ensuring effective campaign organisation working towards Elections in May 2022
• To work with the relevant stakeholders to motivate and organise the members in preparation for the local government 2022 elections across Newport.
• To lead and organise campaigning activity as determined by the local key seat campaigns and Labour Group campaigns across the county borough.
• To guide and support the creation of social media and digital campaigning content in an election key seat and across the county borough.
• To work with the Welsh Labour Office where appropriate.
• To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter ID (telephone and, if and when allowed, doorstep), registration and postal votes.
• To identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising and campaigning.
• To develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes to ensure the CLPs in the area have adequate funding to organise, campaign and contest elections.
• To develop communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations in the area to promote Welsh Labour's achievements and Party activities in Newport;
• To work with candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop, motivate and organise members and supporters.
• To plan and organise local policy forums and carry out policy and public engagement visits and events when required.
• Building up membership and membership activity in the constituency in line with the Party's aims and objectives.
• To report on the level of all activity, organisation and the effective operation of Party rules in the area to the relevant CLP and Newport Labour Group where appropriate.
Interviews will take place on Friday, 21st January via Zoom.