Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 11 February 2022
Job Title: Organising Secretary
Working For: Edinburgh Conservative Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Edinburgh Conservative and Unionist Association is recruiting for an Organising Secretary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: providing campaigning support for MSPs and Councillors; fundraising; maintaining membership records; and office administration.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organised, computer-literate self-starter and team player, who is able to work efficiently in a voluntary environment. The successful applicant should be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role. Strong social media and digital skills are essential.
The varied role of Organising Secretary includes responsibility for:
• Building the profile of the Party and candidates locally
• Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with elected representatives
• Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams
• Basic office administration and providing secretarial support for the Association
• Ensuring membership records are kept up-to-date
• Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
• Organising high-profile political meetings and events
• Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme and keeping records of funds
• Building and expanding delivery networks
• Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms
• Writing association literature, such as a regular members’ bulletin
To be successful as Organising Secretary you need to:
• Be a self-starter
• Be well organised, professional and punctual
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have excellent computer skills
• Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
• Be able to work as part of a team
Desirable: full, clean driving licence and ideally access to a car.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please send application to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 February 2022
14 Feb 2022