Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 31 January 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs & Campaigns Officer
Working For: ClientEarth
Salary: £28,505 - £31,410 per annum, depending on experience
Length of Contract: 6 months
ClientEarth teams across the world are using the power of the law to build a future for our planet in which people and nature can thrive, together. Join us as a Public Affairs & Campaigns Officer and you will help ensure that we build the necessary political and stakeholder support to increase the impact and effectiveness of what we do.
Your primary responsibility will be to support our use of public affairs across our global organisation, although focused predominantly on our clean air work in the UK. You will assist us in advocating for better environmental legislation and building political support for our work. You will use your passion, political judgement and experience to positively influence decision-making.
- Composing parliamentary briefings and letters to advocate our policy positions to the UK Government
- Generating public affairs material such as parliamentary briefings and stakeholder lists to help persuade and influence decision-makers
- Liaise with colleagues to produce briefings and letters to external stakeholders
- Collaborating with others to create impactful public affairs campaigns
- Help to develop and maintain relationships, including with politicians and political advisers
- Keep abreast of political developments in key programmatic areas
- Representing ClientEarth in relevant national coalition meetings
- See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK politics
- Knowledge and understanding of how the UK Government works
- Experience of developing and/or delivering advocacy campaigns
- Experience of engaging with politicians, political advisors and/or civil servants to inform and influence (desirable)
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
To apply for this role please go to https://jobs.clientearth.org/jobs/vacancy/552/w4mpjobs.org/detail