Date Added: 27 January 2022
: 7 February 2022
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: Bexley Labour Group
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Length of Contract: This is a fixed-term contract from the time of appointment to May 10, 2022.
The Organiser is responsible for organising campaigns in Bexley for Labour. They work with the Election Agent, Party Officers and Labour Councillors to deliver the Party’s campaign strategy. During the period of the fixed term contract the primary focus of the organiser’s work will be supporting the Bexley Labour campaign for the May 2022 Council Election. This will include working with Old Bexley and Sidcup Labour Party, Bexleyheath and Crayford Labour Party and Erith and Thamesmead Labour Party and its members within the borough.
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience, knowledge, skills and aptitudes to undertake all of the following tasks:
• Organise regular canvass activities and build a strong ground campaign;
• Use the latest technologies to contribute to a successful campaign;
• Compile and maintain databases and conduct data analysis using the Party’s in-house software;
• Build up membership and supporter groups in line with the Party's aims and objectives;
• Motivate and organise Labour members and supporters in preparation for Council and General Election campaigns;
• Develop communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations in Bexley to promote Labour's achievements and Party activities;
• Organise training on campaigning techniques, voter ID (doorstep and telephone), registration and postal votes;
• Liaise with the Local Campaign Forum and Bexley Labour Group on all local government matters, including the party policy and constitution in relation to local government;
• Produce newsletters and campaign material;
• Build relationships between CLPs to facilitate joint working;
• Work with prospective Council candidates, and with Councillors and MP;
• Be familiar with, and adhere to, the relevant legislation and rules for conduct of elections and election campaigns; and
• Work closely with the election agent for election candidates, the election agent will have the final approval on all campaign materials, expenditure and candidate conduct.
The position is full-time and will require flexible working, including some work at the weekend and in the evening. Part-time workers and job sharers will be considered. We would welcome a diverse range of candidates to apply,
Closing Date: 7 February 2022
As soon as possible.
For more information, contact Bexley Labour Leader Stefano Borella on 07808 166202
To apply, please send your CV and with a covering letter explaining why you are right for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
02/02/2022 - Closing date extended.