Date Added: 10 February 2022
: 2 March 2022
Job Title: Events and Operations Coordinator
Working For: Demos
Length of Contract: Permanent
Demos is a think tank based in the heart of Westminster. For nearly thirty years we have been a pioneer of ideas, bringing together citizens, experts and political leaders to generate positive change. Working on a cross-party basis, we conduct research, design and advocate for policy solutions, and host inspiring and insightful events.
Events and Operations Coordinator
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic new member of the team to take a pivotal supporting role in coordinating events for a high profile charity working to have an impact and improve lives in the UK through public policy.
Working with the External Affairs team to support the delivery of our policy events and engagement strategy:
- Proactive external engagement with funders, politicians, stakeholders, attendees and speakers
- Liaising with event partners to agree on relevant materials
- Producing accessible content for events, including briefings which succinctly explain topics and issues in an engaging way
- Preparing and managing event invitations, including the invitee list, outreach and follow up
- Managing logistics and supporting the smooth running of events - both virtually and in-person at our offices in Westminster - to ensure that speakers and attendees are welcomed and have everything they need
- Providing excellent follow-up on action points and relevant communication following events
- Work with the team to come up with a varied and engaging calendar of events, as well as identifying timely and fundable event opportunities.
- Supporting the Operations team to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the team, office space and systems within Demos:
- Working with the Senior Management Team to keep Demos a high-functioning, efficient and happy place to work
- Supporting the recruitment, training and retention of outstanding members of staff
- Taking the lead on Demos’ facilities requirements and office space, proactively identifying needs and taking action to make improvements
- Providing ideas and leadership on making the office a welcoming, fun and collaborative space
- Being the first point of contact for general enquiries about Demos
- Supporting research and projects when needed
- Providing general administrative support to teams within Demos as required.
Closing Date: 2 March 2022
We will conduct interviews either in person at our offices, or via Zoom, w/c 7th March.
Closing time: 9am
Please send a CV and a cover letter, detailing why you are interested in working with Demos and highlighting any relevant experience or skills, to email@example.com
You can find full details of the position and person specification on our website: