Date Added: 14 February 2022
: 25 February 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mary Kelly Foy MP (City of Durham)
Salary: £21,529 - £32,022
Length of Contract: 12 months fixed term in first instance
Mary Kelly Foy, MP for the City of Durham, seeks a motivated, enthusiastic team player to join her constituency team as a Caseworker. The role is offered on a full-time, fixed-term basis until 31/03/2023 initially, requests for part-time/flexible working will be considered. Mary strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.
You will provide information, advice and support to constituents on various issues and liaise with appropriate organisations to resolve cases. You will work with local groups to identify important issues, engage with local communities and contribute to Parliamentary activities.
Travel for work and working outside normal hours may occasionally be required. This is an exciting time to join a hardworking team heavily involved in community activities with the aim of bringing Durham together.
Responsibilities - not exclusive
• Deal with high volume of standard queries from constituents, assist with complex cases by phone, email or in person. Ongoing communication often required
• Deal with cases promptly, confidentially and accurately
• Gather relevant information to resolve cases
• Draft responses to constituents
• Log cases; monitor progress and take identified actions
• Manage records in line with GDPR
• Assist with surgeries/meetings
• Attend constituency meetings occasionally
• Contribute to press releases and social media
• Liaise with County Council, Government depts and other organisations
Personal Specification - essential unless noted otherwise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
• Able to manage own workload, prioritise well and excellent organisational skills
• Experience of working and dealing with the general public
• Experience of Microsoft Office
• Experience of using social media platforms
• Experience of organising, or assisting in the organisation, of events
• Deal with issues in a confidential and sensitive manner
• Work effectively in a small team
• Commitment to aims and values of the Labour Party
• Previous casework experience (desirable)
• Driving licence and use of a car (desirable)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 February 2022
Applications will be accepted up to 23:59.
Interviews will be held on Friday 11th March 2022.
The start date for the successful applicant will ideally be prior to the end of March 2022.
Applicants should send a 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter to Mary's office manager, Emma Heenan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the vacancy please contact Emma via her email address above.