Date Added: 22 February 2022
: 3 March 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Jason McCartney MP (Colne Valley)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent, subject to 6 months probation
This role requires a hard-working and enthusiastic person with an interest in Parliament, politics, and current affairs to support Jason McCartney MP in Westminster.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues.
• Managing a busy Parliamentary diary.
• Engaging regularly with a wide variety of stakeholders including other MP offices, the Member’s government advisers and external organisations to support his work.
• Preparing briefing notes ahead of meetings, constituency engagements and parliamentary activities.
• Researching various issues.
• Monitoring Parliamentary business.
• Processing the Member’s expenses.
• Undertaking other ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as necessary.
• Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate.
Skills and attributes required:
• Highly organised.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently in researching information.
• A knowledge of, and interest in, British politics and current affairs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced office to tight deadlines.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 March 2022
Interviews will take place as soon as possible once the advert has closed.
Closing time: 23:59PM
Please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
28/02/2022 - Closing date extended.