Date Added: 30 March 2022
: 18 April 2022
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Working For: Onward
Length of Contract: Permanent
Onward is looking for an experienced and driven individual to join our leadership team as Chief Operating Officer. This is a senior hire, reporting directly to the Director and the Trustees. The role is responsible for executing Onward’s long-term financial strategy, managing high-level fundraising and corporate partnerships, and overseeing events, Onward’s Business Club and the Party Conference programme.
The successful candidate will be someone with the experience and ambition to manage Onward’s finances, relationships and operations. They will be fluent in British politics and able to represent our work at the highest level, up to C-Suite and the Cabinet. They will have a successful track record of successfully fundraising from foundations and individuals, working collaboratively with market-leading companies, and have experience overseeing operations for a small non-profit, charity or start-up.
They will be someone who inspires trust, is capable of building long term relationships, and who has a clear passion for Onward’s research and values, and the broader importance of thinktanks in shaping the policy debate.
- Lead the operational and commercial development of Onward, including oversight of fundraising, corporate partnerships and operations.
- Develop and implement both short term and long-term fundraising strategies to sustain Onward financially for the next three to five years.
- Develop and nurture relationships at the highest levels of public and corporate life, growing our network of donors, corporates and Parliamentary supporters.
- Oversee the delivery of Onward’s busy events programme, including roundtables and panels, fundraising dinners and party conference presence.
- Manage a small team of two, including an Events and Campaigns Manager and an Events Associate.
Closing Date: 18 April 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 18 April
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org