Date Added: 21 April 2022
: 20 May 2022
Job Title: Welsh Chief Executive
Working For: Welsh Liberal Democrats
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 pro rota (Part time: 30 hours per week)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Role of the Chief Executive
To achieve maximum elected representation and the implementation of Liberal Democratic policies in Wales, the Chief Executive leads the party administration and directs the human, financial and administrative resources of the Party.
The Chief Executive will:
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the Party are efficiently carried out.
- Lead the Party in delivering agreed strategic objectives.
- Develop the Party and improve the party’s impact by ensuring that the representation, both elected and unelected, and influence of the Welsh Liberal Democrats continue to grow.
- Constantly review and improve the structure, systems, and processes of the Party, further embedding efficiency, integrity, diversity and transparency at the heart of all its operations.
- Direct the transformation of the Party's fundraising infrastructure in order to enable the party to achieve continuously improved electoral success and have a solid operational base year on year.
- Line manage the Welsh party staff and ensure that they are supported and given opportunities to fulfil their potential including conducting regular supervision and appraisal.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and best practice standards in all areas including health and safety, personnel, GDPR, fundraising, finance, safeguarding and political party management.
- Ensure that the Board, Senior Leadership and committees are regularly and sufficiently informed and updated. Work with the committees to support and implement their decisions as required in line with good governance.
- Work closely and direct the campaigns teams in Wales and London to build the campaigning strength of the Party, and ensure campaigning resources, both on and offline, are used effectively to develop the capacity of local parties and increase representation at all levels, in line with party’s strategy.
- Put in place strategies to deal with crisis communications, advise senior management on communications issues and implement crisis communication plans.
- Represent the Party nationally working to enhance and develop its reputation.
- Build and maintain good communications and strong working relationships with stakeholders and key partners.
It is recommended that you read the full job description before applying for this role - https://www.welshlibdems.wales/chief-executive
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interviews will be take place on Friday 27th May 2022.
Please apply by email attaching:
- A current detailed CV.
- A letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 with:
- A statement of suitability (drawing from the competencies listed in the job description), and
- Details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.