Date Added: 22 April 2022
: 30 May 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Andrew Rosindell MP (Romford)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract:
Andrew Rosindell MP has a vacancy for a Parliamentary Assistant to join his busy team in Westminster. Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable, however this role would suit a recent graduate. Candidates should demonstrate a close familiarity with the Romford constituency. The successful candidate will be pro-active and hardworking, with strong communication and interpersonal skills. They must be highly literate and have working knowledge of relevant policy issues and their impact on the constituency.
The job will involve:
• Dealing with policy correspondence and casework by e-mail, phone, and letter.
• Providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of issues.
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector, and others to assist constituents.
• Drafting letters to Ministers and senior officials on domestic and foreign policy matters.
• Producing briefings for the MP
• Drafting Written Questions
• Attending meetings and briefings
• Assisting with APPG work
• Supporting national media work.
• Managing and progressing casework independently and pro-actively.
• Distributing casework within the casework team.
• General administrative duties.
• Attending constituency surgeries with the MP
• Dealing with local casework where required.
• Assisting the MP with other duties as required.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business
The successful applicant will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Experience of dealing with members of the public. • A good understanding of the British political system and local government. • A good grasp of current affairs. • Very high levels of self-organisation, a strong work ethic and ability to prioritise large workloads. • Comfortable with working independently as well as part of a small team. • Loyalty and discretion at all times • Good IT skills. • A clear commitment to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 May 2022
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found. The start date can be delayed for the right candidate if they are a recent graduate.
To apply, please email your CV and a one-page covering letter to Daniel Burden, Andrew's Head of Office, at email@example.com with the subject line 'Policy Officer Application - [Your Name]' included. Please ensure that the cover letter is one page and tailored to the job description. All candidates will be informed of the next steps, or if they are unsuccessful within 14 days of their application.