The Smart Works Communications team is fast-paced, close-knit and fun. We’re constantly looking for new ways to bring the charity to life in innovative and engaging ways across our channels.
This summer internship is a fantastic opportunity to get under the skin of a fast-paced team and experience what it’s like to work in a busy charity communications function. You will play a vital role in supporting the team as it looks to deliver some ambitious projects and objectives over the coming months.
The opportunity is fantastic for anyone who loves digital communications and wants to gain experience and exposure to a wide range of projects and content creation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Telling the Smart Works story across all our social channels, including posts about successful clients and stories about what happens around the charity daily.
- Supporting larger projects and campaigns as needed (this might include accompanying the comms manager to meetings, drafting content for social media, website and email, and contributing ideas).
- Keeping the Smart Works website up to date and supporting the broader team with changes.
- Support the Comms Manager with the end of month reporting.
- Support our regional communications teams with the creation of content that they can use on their channels, should they want to.
Skills, knowledge, and personal attributes:
As an intern in the Smart Works Communications Team, you will be creative, coming up with new and engaging ideas to keep our content fresh.
An ability to write clearly, and concisely is essential while also working well as part of the team, not only with your colleagues in Communications but the wider Smart Works team.
As a small and busy team, we often have lots going on; the ability to keep time is an important skill, juggling multiple priorities at once.
The candidate will have a passion for social media and understand how it is used as a communications tool.
They will have some experience in editing short videos for social media and be able to take great photos with their phone camera.
Understanding content management systems and google analytics is desirable but not essential.
Interviews will take place the last week of May and the first week of June.
Please apply with a one-page cover letter detailing the skills and experience you have and why you want to work for Smart Works, along with your CV. Send applications FAO Jenna Brown to firstname.lastname@example.org