Date Added: 23 May 2022
: 27 May 2022
Job Title: Events and Training Assistant (Internship) x 2 +REMOVED
Working For: Industry and Parliament Trust
Salary: London Living Wage (£20,111 full time equivalent)
Length of Contract: 40 weeks (starting September 2022)
The IPT is an independent, non-lobbying, non-partisan charity that provides a trusted platform of engagement between Parliament and UK business. The IPT is dually supported by cross-party representation of senior parliamentarians on its Board of Trustees, and through the patronage of its industry supporters. The IPT is non-party political and works with all parliamentarians and businesses of any sector or size.
To support the Events Team in the management and delivery of the busy IPT events and training programmes chiefly through logistical support of events, receptions, and other ad hoc duties.
• Support the Events Team in event delivery by compiling marketing lists, tracking invitation responses, and producing security letters and briefing notes for events.
• Preparation of event materials such as agendas, contact sheets and guest lists.
• Entering event information onto the IPT database.
• Liaison with Chairs and Speakers for events to ensure they have received all necessary information
• On the day assistance, including preparing room, greeting guests, liaison with banqueting department.
• Compiling and distributing a weekly internal events newsletter.
Submitting the IPT’s weekly contribution to the APPG notice.
• Liaison with the Communications Team to ensure the website is kept up to date.
• Other assistance within the Events Team and the IPT office as required, on an ad hoc basis.
• Experience delivering events.
• Ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle a busy workload.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience with establishing and maintaining administrative systems (such as RSVP and attendee lists).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good familiarity with Microsoft Office package.
• Confident working with people in positions of authority (parliamentarians and senior industry representatives).
• Willing to work early mornings as per business needs (with time off in lieu to compensate).
• Interest in/ knowledge of current affairs, parliament, and UK business
• Experience with databases.
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
This is a fabulous opportunity for 2 interns to join the IPT team, starting in September 2022 on a 40 week plcement.
Interviews to be held upon suitable applications.
Please send a brief covering letter and your CV to:
Or post to:
Industry and Parliament Trust
3 Whitehall Court
London SW1A 2EL
Please note the right to work in the UK and Parliamentary security clearance is required for these roles.
24.05.2022 - This advert has been marked as removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.