Date Added: 29 April 2022
: 19 May 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Horticultural Trade Association
Salary: Circa £30,000 plus benefits
Length of Contract: Permanent
This exciting public affairs role offers a great opportunity to positively influence the national political landscape in relation to the horticultural industry.
The HTA supports its' membership through providing an extensive programme of conferences, workshops, training courses, trade shows and other horticulture industry events. They have an excellent reputation and provide their members with the opportunity to learn, be creative and network with other people within the Horticultural industry.
The changing political and regulatory landscape has a huge impact on HTA members and policy work is a key role which the HTA provides. The role is extremely varied, supporting the Public Affairs and Policy Manager to develop and deliver the HTA strategy and policy agenda.
This role will be supporting the Public Affairs and Policy Manager by providing knowledge and advice in any matters related to compliance, regulation and policy changes, and presenting policy updates to HTA members and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant experience in public affairs, having worked in Parliament, a trade association, Government, campaign organisation, PR/public affairs agency or similar;
- Excellent critical thinking ability, and good research, analytical and drafting skills and the ability to digest complex information into key salient points;
- To be self-motivated, have a proactive attitude, with excellent organisational and communication skills.
What we offer in return:
- A friendly, helpful and supportive office environment;
- 4% employee - 5% employer pension;
- Life assurance;
- Health Cash Plan;
- Cycle 2 Work;
- Free office fruit.
This role is an office-based role, but they are currently operating a flexible home-office system, with a minimum of 2 days a week in the office.
2020 created new gardeners and the HTA campaign to ensure garden centres were classed as essential retailers throughout the COVID-19 restrictions has increased the profile of the horticultural industry.
The HTA lobby and campaign on behalf of our members within the horticulture industry and provide a whole range of member services including, business solutions, events, market information and learning & development.
Closing Date: 19 May 2022