Date Added: 29 April 2022
: 31 May 2022
Job Title: Intern - Learning and Excellence Hub Content Researcher
Working For: Building A Safer Future
Salary: Real Living Wage (£9.90ph across UK, £11.05ph London)
Length of Contract: 3 Months initially
The lesson of the Grenfell Tower Disaster must be learnt to ensure that building safety is at the top of the agenda across the entire built environment value chain. From a moral, social and economic perspective it’s imperative that we embed enduring values, attitudes and ethical behaviours to rebuild public trust.
Building a Safer Future focuses on putting people’s safety first in how we plan for, design, build, maintain, and look after the safety of the buildings we live, work or play in and protect those that use them.
We are looking for an Intern content researcher to enrich resources for our building safety leadership and culture learning and excellence hub (LEH). The hub is being developed to be the heart of a construction industry online community of organisations committed to putting building safety first through the sharing of learning, innovation and best practice.
Content Researcher responsibilities will include:
• Conducting thorough research on building safety-related topics
• Identifying copy to be syndicated
• Generating ideas for new content partners
• Editing and proofreading articles before publication.
Ultimately, you’ll help us identify and deliver quality information and resources around building safety and edit/write pieces that appeal to our community, attract contributors and boost the availability of building safety content and resources from across the built environment.
You will have:
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Good grasp of grammar and writing for online audience
• Ability to deal with complex and technical language and terminology
• Interpersonal skills
• Organisation and problem solving
• Research and analytical abilities
• Knowledge and practical implementation of SEO maximisation
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Your Key skills and experience will include:
• Proven work experience as a Content Researcher, Writer, Copywriter or similar role
• Ability to directly engage with external organisations and individuals (e.g. interviews, meetings, emails, phone, requests etc) to gather evidence
• Portfolio of published articles
• Experience doing research using multiple sources
• MSc Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field (these are suggested/preferred subject areas, but not limited to these).
Closing Date: 31 May 2022
This role is start as soon as possible.
Interviews will be arranged as successful applications are received and will be conducted online.
We may appoint prior to the closing date if a successful candidate is found.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to share one or two examples of relevant/aligned work. For example, content/copy you have produced and the research undertaken to inform that content; that you are most proud of.