Date Added: 3 May 2022
: 15 May 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Kevin Hollinrake MP (Thirsk and Malton)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Key responsibilities will be:
• Diary management
• Effective management of the Member’s email inbox, triaging and sorting emails, responding to invitations and coordinating virtual and physical meetings
• Assisting with communications and provide social media support where required
• Responding to constituent correspondence regarding policy matters, including policy campaign emails
• Progress casework where required
• Provide general admin support to the team, including assisting with constituency focussed work
• Support the Senior Parliamentary Assistant's work and other team members where necessary
The successful candidate will have:
Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and meet tight deadlines; attention to detail is vital.
The ability to work well independently and as part of a small team; keeping track of tasks and managing own workload is crucial, as is communicating with members of the team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook
Be able to deal with constituents and stakeholders in an accurate, systematic and timely manner; with a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times
Prior knowledge of the Thirsk & Malton constituency would be advantageous but is not required for the role
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 May 2022
Interviews will be carried out as soon as possible from 11th May onwards. An appointment may be made prior to the closing date. An immediate/prompt start is sought so early applications are encouraged. Please state your notice period and if you are an existing parliamentary pass holder.
To apply please send a CV and one page covering letter to Hattie Turner firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Parliamentary Assistant Application' as the subject.
Please also get in touch if you have any questions regarding this role or would like an informal conversation prior to applying.