Date Added: 5 May 2022
: 20 May 2022
Job Title: Help to Claim Team Leader
Working For: Citizens Advice Leeds
Location: Hybrid, Leeds
Salary: £28,226 - £30,095
Length of Contract: Fixed Term to 31 March 2023
Citizens Advice Leeds is working for a fairer society where people are free from the effects of poverty and injustice. We are a local charity helping people to resolve financial, housing, employment and other legal issues through telephone, online and face to face services.
If you’d like to join our team working with service users, or supporting the organisation’s work, we have opportunities open to candidates who will bring enthusiasm, strong organisational skills and a focus on delivering positive outcomes to their work.
As Help to Claim Team Leader, you will play a key role in ensuring our advice services are delivered to high quality standards with a strong focus on customer service. You will have a focus on the Help to Claim Team and you will motivate and support staff and volunteers to deliver quality services, helping the team to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
We’re looking for candidates who can work on their own initiative as well as being team players, and who enjoy being part of a busy, wide-ranging service with a diverse client base.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience of delivering generalist benefit advice, working to Advice Quality Standards (in the last 5 years)
- Thorough knowledge of Welfare Benefits at a generalist level.
- Certificate in generalist advice work or equivalent qualification. Or equivalent level of experience and skills in advice work.
- Experience of line management of staff and/or formal supervision of volunteers including performance management, setting objectives, identifying training needs and mentoring.
Citizens Advice Leeds offers a competitive remuneration package with additional benefits that support a positive work-life balance:
- Full-time hours are 35 per week with a flexible working policy
- Opportunities for Home Working and Hybrid Working are available
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 25 days p.a. (plus bank holidays)
- Defined contributions pension scheme with an employer contribution of 6.5%
- Employee assistance programme with access to 24/7 telephone support
- We are a Disability Confident Employer and a Mindful Employer
- We are based in modern offices in a city centre location with good transport links
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Closing time for applications: 10am
Interviews: 23 May 2022 onwards
How to Apply:
Further information and application packs for the above posts can be downloaded from our website https://citizensadviceleeds.org.uk/working-for-us/