Date Added: 5 May 2022
: 15 May 2022
Job Title: Policy Executive
Working For: DeHavilland
Salary: £27,315 plus bonuses
Length of Contract: Permanent
DeHavilland is looking for a Policy Executive to join its UK Public Services Team to specialise in health and pharmaceuticals.
The Public Services Team helps dozens of the largest companies and charities in the world navigate the constantly changing policy landscape in the UK. Whether it’s the implementation of the Health and Care Act, the covid-19 recovery, or social care reforms, this team looks at the biggest issues facing the UK and beyond.
As an Executive you will be responsible for a portfolio of big-name clients who are relying on you to help them navigate the fast-changing policy landscape. You will make sure the public affairs professionals you work with can cut through the noise, while never missing a policy development that could affect them, however nuanced. You will help them join the dots between politics and policy, give them visibility of what might lie ahead, and provide the tools they need to build political engagement.
• Provide political information and intelligence to a portfolio of clients through live coverage, alerts and reports.
• Provide live coverage of events, parliamentary proceedings, speeches and press conferences.
• Ensure the service that has been agreed with the client and the Account Manager is delivered excellently.
• Develop strong relationships with clients through meetings and calls.
• Provide timely research support to our clients.
Your experience and knowledge
• A strong knowledge of UK policies and the political process.
• Completed degree in political science or equivalent.
• At least one year’s experience of working in a political/public affairs role.
• A keen interest in UK health policy would be advantageous, though not essential.
Your skills and attributes
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights via alerts and reports.
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent.
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills.
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
Closing Date: 15 May 2022
Interviews throughout May, with first interviews over Teams. We encourage people country-wide to apply as we are able to provide a grace period before a move to London. When you are in/near London we offer a hybrid system with 2 days a week in the office, or more if they like. Start date asap.
Please address your application to Dena Holland and send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. The subject of the email needs to clearly state "Policy Executive Application".