Date Added: 5 May 2022
: 20 May 2022
Job Title: Administration and Communications Officer
Working For: Maria Miller MP (Basingstoke)
Salary: According to IPSA payscales (Part-Time)
Length of Contract: 6 months with renewal
Maria Miller MP is looking for a part-time highly motivated Administration and Communications Officer to work in Basingstoke 2 days per week.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with an interest in policy, an interest in how MPs can serve their constituents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Undertaking desk research on a wide range of local, regional or national issues to support Maria’s parliamentary work
• Preparing briefing notes ahead of meetings and media appearances, when required
• Monitoring media coverage, liaising with local media, writing and distributing press releases
• Coordinate social media output.
• Planning and organising diary, campaigns & events
• Attend events with the MP in the constituency
• Undertaking other ad hoc projects and general administrative duties as necessary
• Engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
• Handling sensitive personal data responsibly
You will have:
• Experience of working in a demanding office environment in a related role.
• Strong research skills on complex issues.
• High standard of written and verbal English and excellent written presentation skills.
• Demonstrable attention to detail.
• Enthusiasm and the desire to take on demanding and challenging work.
• Good time management skills and experience working to multiple deadlines.
• Keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Ability to work in a team and independently
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interviews - w/c 23 May 2022
Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the closing date.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com