Date Added: 6 May 2022
: 20 May 2022
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Birchwood Knight
Salary: £24,000 +
Length of Contract: Permanent
Who are we?
Birchwood Knight is a specialist executive search firm focused on the corporate affairs market. We help a broad range of organisations recruit the leaders and teams who promote and protect their corporate reputations with the media, politicians, regulators, investors and local communities, as well as engage their own staff.
We recruit for a range of corporate affairs functions, including media/external relations, public affairs, internal communications, sustainability and financial communications for leading employers, ranging from FTSE100’s to leading non-profits.
We are actively looking to grow our brilliant core team, who work flexibly between Guildford (Surrey) and London, with smart, motivated people who can help us continue to develop what we do and how we do it.
- Develop and execute a research strategy for each role, identifying and mapping potential candidates and sectors
- Prepare a broad range of candidate and client reports including briefing documents, progress reports, interview notes and role profiles
- Draft candidate packs, including job descriptions and background information about the client for candidates
- Maintain up-to-date intelligence on the communications industry, recording findings on our CRM system (FileFinder)
- Provide additional administrative support across the team when required, e.g. scheduling interviews/meetings, or uploading content to the website
Attributes and experience:
- Research, corporate affairs or project management experience
- Be interested and interesting; naturally inquisitive with an interest in politics, business, and/or current affairs
- A self-starter, hardworking and able to deal with ambiguity
- Good attention to detail, highly organised and want to go the extra mile • Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Good problem-solving skills, able to prioritise effectively, balancing multiple projects
- Calm, positive and credible with a variety of stakeholders, including at board-level
- Understand the importance of teamwork, willing to roll your sleeves up and to continuously learn and develop skills
- Proactive and fast-learner with a track record of success (either academically, professionally, or in your personal life)
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
We would like to make an appointment by end of May 2022, for a start date some time in June 2022.
Please email a CV and short covering note (no more than 250 words) to Tessa Catt, at email@example.com, that answers three key questions:
- Why you are applying for the role
- What are your key attributes
- What you bring to Birchwood Knight
13/05/2022 - Salary and Location amended.