Date Added: 6 May 2022
: 22 May 2022
Job Title: Adviser – Cyber and Digital
Working For: Local Government Association
Salary: Starting from £43,570 per annum
Length of Contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2023
As an advisor within the Improvement Division, you will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the Cyber, Digital and Technology (CDT) Programme. The successful candidate will focus on delivering programmes which support councils to become better equipped with the skills, knowledge and tools they need to design and deliver modern digital public services. This is an opportunity to deliver a high-profile programme which is a key priority for central government, councils and the LGA.
As we encourage flexible working at the LGA, we are happy to discuss the option of a home-based contract. The salary for a home-based worker is from £43,570 pa or office-based from £47,347 pa (including London Weighting). The office-based working will be in line with our transitional flexible working policy as we begin to go back into the office again following COVID-19.
This post will have an “on call” duty added to the job description (with an accompanying allowance of £150pcm). This will meet the realities of the role and the ongoing expectation of both DLUHC and the Cabinet Office that we have a 24hr, 365 days a year point of contact to deal with incidents, threats, and vulnerabilities.
• A team player willing to work flexibly to meet changing priorities
• You will have excellent organisational and people skills together with a good knowledge and a good understanding of the local government agenda and the current issues facing local government.
• You will need to have strong relationship building skills and show evidence of being confident and credible in supporting relationships with elected members, chief executives, senior officers and partners.
• Experience of managing a complex workload, preparing plans and meeting deadlines and milestones.
• A flexible approach.
• Effective knowledge management and the ability to understand and capture best practice and impact.
Closing Date: 22 May 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 6 June 2022, interviews will be held remotely
For further information and to apply online please visit https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/lga/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1599