Go to website

Reference: 83940

Date Added: 7 May 2022
Closing Date: 13 June 2022

Job Title: Intern for Perspectives Programme

Working For: Kaleidoscope Health and Care

Location: London

Salary: £23,250

Length of Contract: 9 months

Job Details

Who we are

Hello, we’re Kaleidoscope - a consultancy of a different kind. We work to improve health and care. We’re looking for two interns to join our team full-time for 9 months, starting in September 2022. As a social enterprise all of our work seeks to contribute to our mission: to work with others to build a future that is kind, connected and joyful.

The opportunity

We are looking for two interns to join our team as part of our Perspectives Programme - a 9 month paid internship for people wanting to start a career in the health world. Whether this would be one of your first jobs or you are looking for a change of career, we encourage applicants from all age ranges and walks of life.

This internship is about making a real difference. Through this programme our interns will be supported to design and lead their own project to improve the way underrepresented voices are heard in healthcare. You will spend approximately 20% of your time (1 day a week over a 9 month period) on your chosen project and will spend the remaining 80% of your time (4 days a week) gaining experience supporting our consultancy work with external clients and getting involved in the internal systems of our organisation.

Who we are looking for

Our first requirement is that you’re kind. Life is too short to work with people who aren’t. Second, you need to have a passion for improving health and care, and an idea for promoting underrepresented voices and celebrating diversity. Beyond this, there is no ‘right’ sort of Kaleidoscopian; we want a company inclusive of different and unique people. We are committed to creating a company which ensures a diversity of voices in all parts of our work. If you’re reading this wondering ‘is it really for me?’ please get in touch to chat (https://www.kscopehealth.org.uk/contact/).

We’re flexible on what you’ll bring, but here are the types of experience and qualities we are looking for:

  • A good level of literacy, numeracy and are comfortable using a computer
  • Commitment to diversity and wanting to promote underrepresented voices
  • A keen interest in health and care and a passion for improving it
  • A good level of organisational skills
  • A flexible and proactive attitude
  • Effective at communicating in a way that suits you

Closing Date: 13 June 2022

Interview/Start Dates

Advert closing time: 17:00

Starting date: September 2022

Application Details

Please visit our website for more information on how to apply: https://www.kscopehealth.org.uk/join-us/interns/ 

Website: https://www.kscopehealth.org.uk/

Additional Notes