Date Added: 7 May 2022
: 20 May 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Jeremy Quin MP (Horsham)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Six months
Jeremy Quin MP is looking for a new Caseworker to form part of his constituency team in Horsham. The caseworker will play an important role within the office and be part of a close knit team supporting constituents and local campaigns. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in helping their community and interested in politics more broadly.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and be able to work closely with others. This role requires being able to manage a heavy workload and have confidence communicating with constituents over the phone and via email. The applicant will be working alongside Jeremy Quin’s parliamentary team, based in the Horsham Office, with occasional work in Westminster likely to be required.
• Deal with daily enquiries from constituents via email, letter or telephone, and taking the appropriate action to help resolve their concerns
• Draft correspondence and prepare briefings on behalf of Jeremy
• Manage own caseload of complex cases and ensure work is dealt with promptly and with sensitivity
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, and other stakeholders to resolve constituency matters
• Log cases, monitor progress, and ensure data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist Jeremy in dealing with constituent enquiries
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local issues and Government policy in relation to casework
• A highly motivated individual, with a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a small team respecting the office’s values and ethos
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Confidence interacting with a wide range of people and stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload accordingly
• Knowledge of the Horsham constituency or West Sussex more broadly
• Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2022
Interviews will commence the week of 23 May.
To apply for this job, please send a copy of your C.V. (no more than two pages) and a one-page covering letter to the Office of Jeremy Quin at: firstname.lastname@example.org