Date Added: 7 May 2022
: 31 May 2022
Job Title: Consultant
Working For: Luther Pendragon
Length of Contract: Permanent
Luther is one of the UK’s leading independent communications consultancies. We work with some of the largest and best-known companies, public sector bodies and NGOs in the UK, as well as a range of smaller organisations.
We are looking for a Consultant to work on accounts across multiple sectors, providing strategic communications advice, public affairs, media relations, crisis management, and thought leadership services for our clients
To be successful you will need:
- At least 18 months’ relevant experience;
- A strong grasp of the UK media environment;
- Understanding of the UK political system and current policy landscape;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Confidence working across different industries (experience in the public sector, financial services, healthcare and/or education is helpful but not necessary);
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively;
- Initiative and self-motivation, while also being collaborative and a team player; and
- An undergraduate degree, preferably 2.1 or above.
If successful, your responsibilities will include:
- Helping develop and implement corporate communications, PR and public affairs campaigns;
- Supporting on crisis communications projects;
- Building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Drafting a wide range of materials including press releases, media statements, policy briefings, reports, social media posts, and infographics;
- Helping organise events, including liaising with venues and suppliers, managing attendee lists, and drafting speech notes and invitations;
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative data to identify interesting trends;
- Collaborating on new business proposals and pitches; and
- Contributing to Luther’s company-wide initiatives.
Luther offers a range of benefits to staff, including hybrid working, a structured training and development programme, one-to-one mentoring, generous annual leave, discretionary annual bonus, new business incentive schemes, private medical insurance, and interest-free travel and clothing loans.
We value diversity of experience as we know it will enhance our collective wisdom, increase our creativity and innovation, and deliver better results for our clients, so we welcome interest from people from different backgrounds.
Closing Date: 31 May 2022
Interviews will begin on Monday 23rd May and the start date is ASAP. We may appoint before the closing date.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are interested and how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Consultant application'.