Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 27 May 2022
Job Title: Project Officer - International Security Studies
Working For: Royal United Services Institute (RUSI)
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Length of Contract: 22 Months
• Project and programme management: produce and maintain project documentation and comprehensive and accurate records such as timesheets and invoices; monitor and support risk, quality and communication management approaches; optimise project management processes; produce management information and analysis on the programme;
• Budget management: work with RUSI’s finance department, maintain accurate records of the financial performance of projects, and of the programme overall;
• Events management: work with RUSI’s events team, organise events by communicating with speakers and participants, using and updating the Raiser’s Edge database, ensuring that all practicalities are arranged, producing and disseminating documentation and web copy;
• Communications: work with the Programme Manager in developing and implementing a team communications strategy promoting the team’s research, producing the ISS monthly newsletter, and coordinating the team’s series of podcasts, and social media
• Business development support: work with RUSI’s bids and contracts team, support bid preparation including collating content, maintaining and administering CVs, and preparing budgets;
• Support visiting fellows: act as a focal point for the visiting fellows associated with ISS.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive. T
• Experience of project administration;
• Experience of organising and supporting events;
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to operate against challenging deadlines and to prioritise workloads;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel;
• Teamworking skills, with a positive attitude towards supporting colleagues and working flexibly.
• Project management knowledge and skills (e.g., experience in using PRINCE 2 methods);
• Experience of budget management;
• Familiarity with Canva;
• An interest in international security and global affairs;
• Experience working on project and grant management in an academic or think tank context.
Please note that this is an administrative support role. Potential applicants looking for a research role in the Institute are advised not to apply.
Closing Date: 27 May 2022