Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 22 May 2022
Job Title: Asia Analyst
Working For: Torchlight.AI (Assynt)
Salary: £35,000-40,000 DOE
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking an experienced Asia analyst who will play a key role in producing innovativeforward-looking analysis for commercial and government clients of various risk issues across Asia, covering topics such as security, terrorism, political and economic stability.
Essential skills and experience:
• 1-3 years’ demonstrable professional focus on political and security
developments in South Asia region. We will not be progressing candidates who
cannot demonstrate this.
• Keen familiarity with the priorities of businesses and policymakers.
• Exceptional writing skills. Keen attention to detail and fluent written English are
• Strong knowledge of relevant and reliable open-source resources covering the region,
and of the political and security risk analysis market.
• Excellent research skills that enable you to get up to speed quickly on new countries,
industries and themes.
• A strong interest in emerging data-led technologies and their potential applications in
terms of identifying business-relevant risks, trends and events.
• Self-confidence and the ability to clearly back up analysis and predictions with reasoned
analysis, as well as an excellent understanding of commercial implications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and adapt quickly to changes.
• Strong adherence to deadlines and the ability to maintain good communication with team members.
• Ability to identify new and emerging issues, themes and trends that may impact clients.
• Location is flexible, but the ability to meet deadlines within UK working hours is
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience living and working in the region.
- Knowledge of regional language, e.g. Hindi, Urdu, Pashto.
- MA level of academic knowledge is desirable.
Full details of the job and requirements are available here:
Closing Date: 22 May 2022
We are looking for someone to start ASAP, and will hold tests and interviews on a rolling basis.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining your availability and area/s of expertise to email@example.com with the reference ‘Asia Analyst’ as the subject. Due to the number of applications we typically receive, we will only be able to respond to candidates whose applications we are taking forward to the next stage.
Please note that Torchlight.ai (https://www.torchlight.ai/) is the new name of Assynt (https://assynt.com), and we are in the process of rebranding and switching email accounts.