Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 16 May 2022
Job Title: Press & Communications Officer
Working For: British Chamber of Commerce
Length of Contract: Permanent
The BCC is one of the country’s leading business organisations. It is the national body for a powerful and influential network of 53 Accredited Chambers of Commerce. The BCC has been an influential voice on a range of issues throughout recent difficult times for business, sitting at the heart of a unique network of businesses across the UK and shaping the UK’s business agenda for policymakers and parliamentarians.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the BCC’s ambitious and high-performance team. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping a national voice for our business communities across broadcast, print and digital media. Working to multiple and tight deadlines, day-to-day duties include drafting reactive media comments; writing press releases; liaising with and pitching stories to national and trade journalists; coordinating with Chambers on case studies and messaging; and creating plans to support our proactive campaigns.
The candidate will also drive the BCC’s digital offering, including social media, video editing and maintaining the company’s website, as well as compiling media statistics and analysis.
- Lead on proactive press releases and draft reactive media lines relating to key government announcements, economic statistics, business developments and BCC research
- Develop proactive media plans as part of the BCC’s broader communications strategy and campaign work
- Promote BCC policy positions and proactive outputs to media and key external stakeholders
- Organise broadcast opportunities and prepare briefs to support BCC spokespeople
- Develop digital content for external and internal purposes, aligned to our presswork, including filming videos, creating engaging social media content and updating the website
- Keeping on top of the news agenda and maintaining relationships with media contacts, to monitor upcoming announcements and areas for comment
- Work with colleagues at all levels across the Chamber Network to support them in media efforts, provide toolkits around proactive BCC messaging, share best practice, and develop case studies
- Identify, pitch and write thought-leadership pieces and draft opinion articles and letters to the editor from key spokespeople
- Compile and proof-read internal and external communications
Closing Date: 16 May 2022
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, please apply ASAP. Candidates will start in line with their notice period.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please find further information here: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/press-and-communications-officer-jg-2203-8321/