Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 9 July 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Siobhan Baillie MP (Stroud)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent (on completion of probation)
Siobhan Baillie MP is looking to appoint a full-time Caseworker to join her team.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is highly motivated to help the local Stroud District community and has a keen eye for detail. Applicants should have an interest in local and national politics.
- Handling correspondence from constituents and drafting responses.
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues.
- Liaising with national and local government agencies, as well as other relevant organisations.
- Organising and attending constituency surgeries and meetings with the MP.
- Monitoring constituency issues and providing briefings on complex cases and local issues.
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are logged, progress is monitored and all identified actions are taken promptly.
- Handling casework in a senstive and confidential manner, ensuring all accurate records are kept in adherence to the principles of the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Handling telephone and walk-in enquiries.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation/guidelines as appropriate in dealing with casework.
- Preparing and writing letters on behalf of the MP.
Necessary Skills/ Person Specification
- Proficiency in IT, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to see and assess trends in complex casework issues, and provide briefings on these trends.
- Ability to manage a large and varied caseload under pressure and carry out tasks to the highest standard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in interacting with people at all levels and in varied circumstances.
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in working with the general public.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team.
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues and how Parliament works.
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative party.
We are open to considering candidates who want to work in either Siobhan's Stroud town centre office or her Westminster office.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 July 2022
Interview/Start Dates: Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the closing date. You will be invited to complete a written assessment ahead of initial interviews.
Please send you CV and cover letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com