Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 15 May 2022
Job Title: Policy Manager, FAIRR and JCF
Working For: FAIRR Initiative and Jeremy Coller Foundation
Length of Contract: Permanent
About the role
The Jeremy Coller Foundation (JCF) is a private foundation based in London and operating globally. The successful candidate will join the JCF, working with the FAIRR Initiative —the fastest-growing ESG network representing over $48 trillion in assets.
The individual will play a key role in-
- Leading on the alternative protein policy workstream for both FAIRR and JCF in relation to its investor network, strategic agenda and global outreach.
- Collaborate with FAIRR team colleagues working on biodiversity to produce research aimed at policymakers, including in the run up to the COP15 Biodiversity Summit.
- Leading on high-level multi-stakeholder global initiatives as the point person for FAIRR, where needed.
- Contributing to the Foundation’s broader policy interests on intensive animal agriculture and sustainable proteins, as well as education, pensions, ongoing work with The Elders.
The candidate will support the engagement with governments, regulators, industry bodies and investors to promote greater understanding and awareness across all areas of focus for both the JCF and the FAIRR Initiative, building increased engagement around sustainable policy and practice.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Being the key focal point in the team on alternative protein policy.
- Collaborate with FAIRR team colleagues working on biodiversity and nature policy including leading on a policy paper and sharing FAIRR’s researchDrafting briefing papers or responses to consultations if appropriate.
- Build relationships with critical stakeholders, organisations and allies in national and global policy spaces.
- The individual will be required to work flexibly across projects at JCF and FAIRR where required; including supporting and guiding junior staff members.
- Analyse and identify how government legislation, for example in areas such as alternative protein, in key geographies will impact the mission of the JCF’s strategic pillars and develop an appropriate strategic response.
- Advise and prioritise possible policy considerations across the JCF’s strategic pillars, including, but not limited to, its interests in FAIRR, education, pensions and The Elders.
- Advocate for a policy agenda that furthers the JCF’s goal of ending factory farming.
Closing Date: 15 May 2022
The application process will consist of:
• First round interview
• ~90 minute work task
• Final interview
For any questions, or to learn more about the role, please email Helena Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.