Date Added: 10 May 2022
: 27 May 2022
Job Title: Caseworker and online media officer
Working For: Andrew Jones MP (Harrogate and Knaresborough)
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Andrew Jones is looking to appoint a self-motivated, engaged caseworker and online media officer to join his busy constituency office team.
- Experience of managing social media and website content to maximise reach and following.
- An eye for campaigns and experience of successfully running them.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to create high quality work to tight deadlines.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Establishing, monitoring and updating the MP's online presence in the constituency.
- Producing online graphics and content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Following up on online queries and comments.
- Managing and monitoring online enquiries and dealing with cases that arise.
- Ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Publicising the MP’s parliamentary and constituency duties online
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- Dealing with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 May 2022
Interviews will be in early June and the starting date will be arranged by agreement with the preferred applicant.
Applicants should provide a covering letter and CV.
These should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Richard Cooper on 01423 529614.