Date Added: 11 May 2022
: 23 May 2022
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: The Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP (Chipping Barnet)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 12 months, with a view to arranging a permanent contract in future
The Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP is seeking a member of staff to assist with her Westminster duties and constituency correspondence. This role is based in Theresa's Westminster office.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Theresa's work in Westminster, including administrative and organisational tasks.
- Dealing with all types of correspondence, including answering phone calls.
- Researching, writing and proof-reading casework.
- Logging all cases, monitoring their progress, and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and retaining records confidentially, in line with the Data Protection Act.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Theresa's constituency and experience of communicating with members of the public.
The following skills/characteristsics are essential:
- Organisational and time management skills
- An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail, as well as discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 May 2022
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 23rd May.
The aim is to have the successful candidate in post as soon as possible. Candidates with long notice periods in their current roles are therefore unlikely to be considered.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A CV
- A cover letter
- An example of your written work
In your email, please state your full name and "Application for Administrative Officer post" in the subject field.