Date Added: 13 May 2022
: 11 June 2022
Job Title: UK Policy and Advocacy Officer
Working For: ONE Campaign
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Working closely with the UK Team and colleagues across the organisation, the Policy and Advocacy Officer will provide thorough policy and trend analysis and briefings to advance ONE’s priorities in the UK.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Assist with the preparation of ONE's position papers, publications, and policy research on UK development finance, global health, climate and other priorities.
- Support the UK team with the implementation of ONE’s advocacy and campaigns, engaging with key audiences to identify and leverage opportunities for policy change and deliver ONE's objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with parliamentary offices and government officials, and ensure that insights are shared rapidly, and the impact of these interventions are monitored and recorded.
- Represent ONE at advocacy meetings and foster collaboration with NGOs and coalition groups focusing on priority issues, and ensure that the wider UK team is informed of these discussions.
- Manage policy and advocacy related projects, effectively coordinating with colleagues across the UK team and wider organization, as relevant.
- Monitor UK politics and developments affecting ONE’s issues and strategy, and share this analysis with the UK team to ensure ONE’s policy and advocacy is insight led.
- Any other duties as required and agreed with manager.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Four years experience working in a parliamentary, advocacy or campaigning role.
- Experience and knowledge of the UK Parliament.
- Experience working in the fields of international development or foreign affairs is desirable.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills with the ability to research a wide-range of topics using multiple sources.
- Ability to synthesise policy documents, identifying relevant key points and facts, and statistics that help explain complicated policy topics to broad audience in a concise way.
- An understanding of the links between policy, lobbying, campaigning and media work and of how policy change can be achieved through effective
- Excellent project management skills and ability to coordinate with the different functions in a team.
Closing Date: 11 June 2022
Interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
Please apply online here: https://grnh.se/2206a4ca4us
All applicants will be considered. We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.