Date Added: 13 May 2022
: 9 June 2022
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Maria Eagle MP (Garston and Halewood)
Location: Liverpool Constituency Office
Salary: Up to £25,000 (24 hours per week)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Maria Eagle MP is looking for a constituency assistant to join her constituency office for 24 hours a week. The successful candidate will work on community engagement and local campaigns. They will also assist the constituency support manager.
- Organise appointments, meetings, and events in the constituency for Maria to attend
- Liaise with groups and stakeholders in the constituency
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
- Assisting with Maria’s communication channels – including website, video and social media
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Respond to correspondence from constituents on a wide range of policy matters including campaign emails
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An awareness of sensitivities of working within a political environment
- The ability to manage own workload, prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a small team
- A polite a professional manner
- An understanding of GDPR
- A full clean driving licence (desirable)
- An understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 June 2022
Interviews will be conducted in the Liverpool Constituency Office on Friday 17th June. The start date for the post will be as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a copy of your CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter (no more than one page) explaining how your experience links to the role profile set out above to email@example.com. Please include your name and "Maria Eagle MP Constituency Assistant Application" in the subject title.
17/05/2022 - Role hours amended.