Date Added: 13 May 2022
: 30 May 2022
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Katherine Fletcher MP (South Ribble)
Salary: IPSA Payscale £17,901 – £21,808 TBC
Length of Contract: 12 months
Katherine is looking to employ an Intern in her Leyland office. This role is ideal for someone with a knowledge of current affairs and an interest in working in politics and Government. A unique and exciting opportunity to assist Katherine and the team and gain vital insights into the work of an MPs office, and how constituents are supported.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and manage a varied workload;
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure;
- A team player with a good sense of humour is vital in our hard working, happy office;
- A genuine interest in helping constituents is essential.
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Collating information from across the team
- Creating and maintaining project and information databases
- Supporting the casework team
- Answering the office telephone and emails, and dealing with routine constituent enquiries
- Assisting with constituency surveys
- Attending meetings with the MP - meet & greet and note taking
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 May 2022
Interviews / Start Date: Interviews w/o 6th June or sooner. Start date asap
Please apply online at https://hivesupport.co.uk/job-listing/employed-intern-for-katherine-fletcher-mp/