Date Added: 13 May 2022
: 30 June 2022
Job Title: Global Corporate Affairs Manager
Working For: pladis Global
Length of Contract: Permanent
What will this role achieve?
Reporting to the Chief Corporate Affairs and Communications Officer, this is an exciting opportunity to represent pladis externally by creating relationships with a range of global stakeholders. The role will involve managing relationships with key political, government and industry stakeholders, and developing and maintaining corporate positions on key public policy issues.
What will be your key deliverables?
- Lead the global public affairs engagement programme across key regions using the current UK model as a basis
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including government officials; industry bodies such as CBI, WEF; trade associations and NGOs
- Horizon scanning and monitoring across key issues for e.g. sustainability and HFSS
- Prepare briefing notes and talking points for stakeholders, develop pladis position papers on key topics and manage submissions to relevant consultations
- Manage key reputational issues and ensure processes are in place including issues and crisis processes
- Responsible for managing all press office matters related to Corporate Affairs agenda
- Lead complex cross border trade policy issues, incl. Brexit related implications and communications, in cooperation with the team
- Represent pladis in front of senior Government representatives and at trade and industry forums
- Manage global corporate reporting requirements, and support on regional reporting, as required, including Gender Pay Gap Report, Modern Slavery Report.
What do you need for this role?
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
- A strong background in UK and/or global corporate affairs with expertise working across government relations, public affairs, policy and stakeholder engagement
- Track record of developing and delivering impactful public affairs engagement programmes and driving policy advocacy
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills - both verbal and written – and able to relay detailed information in a simple, concise and engaging manner
- Experience in a multi-national organisation, preferably the consumer goods industry or other highly regulated sector
- Experience in trade issues, sustainability policy and corporate reporting
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. However, this advert may close early if a suitable candidate is appointed.
Please apply via the company website: https://pladis.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/pladis_Careers/details/Global-Corporate-Affairs-Manager_JR17821