Date Added: 16 May 2022
: 23 June 2022
Job Title: Economics internship
Working For: Metro Dynamics
Salary: £21,600 pa dependent on experience.
Length of Contract: 6 months (with the possibility of extention)
Metro Dynamics provides strategic advice to those leading, growing, or investing in cities and urban areas. We work with local government and central government, as well as private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally.
Metro Dynamics is an employee owned business, which demonstrates our commitment to independence and a strong social purpose, that will protect the interests of its employees, and work to increase our positive impact on places. It also means all our staff have a financial stake in the business, with access to benefits such as profit share.
We are seeking a talented economist/ data analyst for a six month internship in our London office, starting in Autumn 2022.
Interns at Metro Dynamics can expect to be involved in:
- Supporting consultancy projects through researching specific topics and preparing draft information for internal use and for clients
- Undertaking data analysis and mapping of statistics
- Providing day-to-day support as required to the activities of the business
All interns have the opportunity to progress to a full time position at the end of the six month internship.
Candidates are expected to:
- be a university graduates with a relevant degree
- have excellent written communication skills
- be able to demonstrate experience in statistics and analysing data and have good familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
Experience of using GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS), experience of relevant statistics packages (STATA, etc.), and understanding of data analytics tools / languages (e.g. R) would be beneficial but is not essential.
Closing time for applications is at 5pm
Metro Dynamics recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Closing Date: 23 June 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 4 July in our London office.
Start date can be flexible, but ideally late summer/ early Autumn 2022.
- Send a CV and cover letter to Elizabeth.email@example.com. Please note applications submitted without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- In your cover please explain why you would be suitable for an internship at Metro Dynamics.