Date Added: 25 May 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Somerset Conservatives
Location: Bridgwater Somerset
Salary: c£20,000 pa
Length of Contract: Permanent
Somerset Conservatives is the umbrella organisation supporting the Bath, Bridgwater & West Somerset, North Somerset, Somerton & Frome, Taunton Deane and Wells Conservative Associations.
The grouping is looking to appoint an Office Manager following the retirement of the present job holder. The Manager’s role is to support the Group Executive in delivering the political and strategic priorities of the organisation in local and General Elections.
The successful candidate will support the work of our professional campaigning staff. The role will include managing other paid staff and volunteers in keeping a busy office running efficiently. You will also be closely involved in strengthening the campaign structure. Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills are essential. Campaigning experience and previous experience with databases is desirable, although training will be provided.
• Be responsible for the day to day management of the Group Office, dealing with all administrative tasks and queries in both a proactive and reactive manner as necessary
• Work with branches, members and volunteers to support fundraising events, driving forward plans to increase income and develop membership activity
• Support other paid staff and elected association officers in their duties
• Support elected political representatives and candidates in their duties
• Perform other ad hoc duties that are reasonable within the job profile
As the Office Manager your skills will be:
• Initiative to conduct tasks without prompting and implement efficiencies where necessary
• Excellent written skills and communication skills
• Good telephone manner
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Competent use of IT and databases (preferred – training can be provided)
• Knowledge of politics (preferred)
• Knowledge/experience of political campaigning (preferred)
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Strong academic credentials
• Flexible, conscientious and professional "can do" attitude
• Strong organisational skills
• Strength of character and prepared to demonstrate leadership often under tough and stressful circumstances
• Personal integrity
• Commitment to the Conservative Party
Full training will be given.
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
Interviews will be held from week commencing Monday 4th July.
It is hoped that the start date will be early in August
Please apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attached:
• A copy of your CV; including complete work history
• A Covering Letter; no more that 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the specification.
For questions and further details and to submit an application, please contact: email@example.com