Date Added: 27 May 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager / Officer (dependant on experience)
Working For: Kim Leadbeater MP (Batley and Spen)
Location: Batley and Spen
Salary: In-line with IPSA pay scales.
Length of Contract: Permanent subject to probation
Kim Leadbeater MP is looking to recruit a full-time Constituency Support Manager/Officer
The successful candidate will be committed to supporting the MP in a wide range of activities including project work delivering on key priorities for the constituency, and will also support her with external communications, social media, and engagement both in person and online
Experience of working for an MP is desirable but not essential & opportunities to develop skills in post will be supported
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Establish, identify, and maintain working relationships with local stakeholders, businesses, and community groups in the constituency
• Attend constituency events and meetings with the MP as required
• Oversight of constituency projects and local issues
• Diary management and organisation of constituency events.
Management of social media channels
• General administrative tasks
• Assist with progressing enquiries from constituents on local and wider policy matters
• Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and with an eye for detail
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Triage incoming correspondence: monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Assist the MP with other duties as required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work alongside an established team
• Self-starter, able to organise independently, and manage own workload
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• Knowledge of the Batley and Spen constituency would be highly desirable
• A good grasp of current affairs and political developments
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with close attention to detail
• A comprehensive understanding of social media and how to use it effectively
• An ability to deal with a wide range of people with discretion and empathy
• Excellent IT skills
• Website management
• Video editing
• Graphic design
There may be a requirement for the role holder to travel and work outside of the normal working hours. A full driving licence would be helpful
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
Start date would be as soon as possible depending on notice periods and such other negotiations.
Kim envisages that interviews will take place on Friday 8th July in Heckmondwike. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 6pm on 1st July 2022.
Please send a one page covering letter, a two-page CV, and a 300 word statement on the issues that you think are likely to be of concern to Kim's constituents in Batley and Spen over the coming year to email@example.com with a subject line: CONSTITUENCY SUPPORT MANAGER/OFFICER.