Date Added: 6 June 2022
: 27 June 2022
Job Title: Constituency Assistant/Support Officer
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Location: Stockton South
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Matt Vickers, Member of Parliament for Stockton South, currently has a position available in his Constituency Office for an experienced, well organised, and politically aware Constituency Assistant/Support Officer.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, customer focused and highly organised.
Working for an MP is no ordinary role. You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. Furthermore, you will be required to work closely with Matt’s parliamentary office, and therefore must be a team player.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public via telephone and email
• Progress and draft constituent case work as required with the ability to prioritise time sensitive cases
• When required, attend constituency meetings and surgeries with Matt
• Liaise with various stakeholders (Local & National Government and other organisations) to assist in the resolution of constituent cases, and obtain information for Matt.
• Responsibility for community project work, researching initiatives and helping to plan community projects for Matt.
• General administrative tasks – photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Have a passion for providing outstanding customer service.
• Confident in managing Social Media Outlets
• Experience of busy environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Strong research and IT skills
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs and a keen campaigner
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Hold a Full Clean UK Drivers Licence
• Local Knowledge of Stockton South (Desirable not Essential)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 June 2022
Interviews may be held before the closing date.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Niall Innes by email: email@example.com Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or by calling 01642 956526.