Date Added: 6 June 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Events and Operations Manager
Working For: Bright Blue
Length of Contract: Permanent
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. We defend and improve liberal society. Our primary role is to create and vet government policy.
We are looking for an Events and Operations Manager to ensure our think tank is well organised and is able to deliver a busy events and conferences programme, including during the 2022 Party Conference season.
The successful candidate will deliver high-quality and high-profile events, look after our members and manage junior members of staff.
The role is ideal for a highly organised, motivated and politically-aware candidate with hands-on events experience, who is looking for a varied role that will see them: regularly interact with senior political figures and decision makers; devise and deliver a creative and impactful events schedule; and, play a key role in the vital operational work that keeps Bright Blue running smoothly.
- Developing, organising and managing a programme of events and conferences
- Briefing and managing high-profile speakers such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians
- Devising new event and conference ideas
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing event partners
- Supervising and attending a variety of Bright Blue events, from roundtable discussions to keynote speeches
- Attending and representing Bright Blue at roundtable discussions and public events
- Forming relationships with politicians, policy makers and other key stakeholders to enhance and promote Bright Blue’s event programme
- Managing junior events staff
- Managing communications with Bright Blue’s membership
- Overseeing and performing other administrative work as needed
- A highly organised, self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work well in teams and independently
- Experience managing and delivering high-profile events
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Extensive problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure calmly and effectively
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A proven interest in politics and public policy
Bright Blue operates a hybrid working policy, and further flexibility in working arrangements is available.
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
The closing time is 9:00AM. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Anvar Sarygulov, Head of Research, at email@example.com
Informal queries about the role and Bright Blue are also welcome.