Date Added: 7 June 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Richard Thomson MP (Gordon)
Location: Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Richard Thomson MP is looking for an aspiring and motivated individual to join the dynamic constituency team based in his Aberdeen office.
- Helping constituents with queries such as benefit claims, access to healthcare, housing problems and social services issues.
- Dealing with Government agencies, local councils, national and UK-wide organisations.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Compile updates on the constituency work of the Member for sharing with constituents on social media and an online newsletter
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to a high professional standard
- Good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise their workload
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use casework management software (training will be given)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight timescales and a willingness to be flexible to the demands of a busy office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and we may make an appointment before the closing date.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the closing date.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a one-page covering letter outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com with 'CASEWORKER APPLICATION' clearly stated in the subject field.