Date Added: 10 June 2022
: 27 June 2022
Job Title: Political Administrator - Labour
Working For: Local Government Association
Salary: £25,906 pa (including London Weighting)
Length of Contract: Permanent
The LGA Labour Group exists to provide a strong voice for Labour in local government. We represent and support Labour Groups in England and Wales and the Labour councillors within them, providing a strong voice within the cross-party LGA and with the Labour Party at Westminster.
To find out more information about what it’s like to work at the LGA, please visit http://www.local.gov.uk/benefits-and-working-lga and for information on Equality and Diversity at the LGA, please visit https://www.local.gov.uk/equality-and-diversity-lga
The Political Administrator post will support the effective work of the Labour Group Office by:
- Providing administrative support including diary management of the Group Leader, coordinating Labour councillors taking part in peer support work, and organising and supporting meetings, events and functions
- Maintaining and continuously improving administrative systems, including forward/project plans, electronic filing systems, CRM mailing lists and databases
- Preparing correspondence and other documents and arranging their distribution
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets and keeping service records and inventories
- Liaising with councillors and local authorities and acting as a first point of contact for enquiries
- Responding to or referring enquiries as appropriate and prioritising and monitoring incoming emails, post and phone calls
- Providing support and contributing to projects within the LGA as required
A helpful and positive can-do attitude is essential to the role, as is the ability to establish good working relationships with others both internally and externally. You will have excellent and proven organisational skills and plenty of initiative. You’ll also be a proficient IT user and will have an excellent command of written and spoken English. Candidates should be able to demonstrate understanding and empathy with the aims and objectives of the Labour Party.
You must have the right to work in the UK, the LGA are unfortunately unable to offer sponsorship visas. Evidence for the right to work in the UK will be requested at the interview stage.
As a Disability Confident Leader the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community
Closing Date: 27 June 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
For further information and to apply online please visit our job site: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/lga/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1625