Date Added: 10 June 2022
: 4 July 2022
Job Title: Intern - Public Policy, Communications and Opinion Research
Working For: Fleetwood Strategy
Salary: London Living Wage (£11.05ph)
Length of Contract: Initially, four weeks
About Fleetwood Strategy
Fleetwood Strategy provides insight and advice to help organisations make the right decisions on strategy, stakeholder engagement and communications when it matters most.
The company was founded in 2020, is based in London and works with some of the world’s biggest and most innovative companies, including in the US, Australia, Asia and across Europe.
Our work ranges from qualitative and quantitative opinion research, communications and public policy strategies, to narrative and messaging development, stakeholder mapping and media engagement.
About the internship
- Four week programme working across public policy, communications and opinion research.
- Flexible timing across July / August / September 2022.
- Opportunity to work directly on projects for a variety of clients.
- Allocated a mentor to ensure that your time at Fleetwood is both valuable and enjoyable.
- Networking opportunities with partners and employees.
- Paid the London Living Wage.
- Provided a laptop and monitor during the programme.
- Flexible hours, with a minimum of three to four days a week in the office.
- Potential for extension and / or employment.
- Support the public policy, communications and opinion research teams in delivering high quality work for clients.
- Opportunity for client-facing work - for example, attending client meetings.
- Produce media, political and policy briefing notes for clients.
- Conduct media and parliamentary monitoring and help produce media, political and policy reports for clients.
- Where required, attend focus groups with employees and help produce research briefing notes and reports for clients.
- Identify and conduct research into new business opportunities for partners.
- Conduct independent research on an area of interest and business need.
The ideal candidate
- At least 18-years-old.
- Based in London or able to commute to and from London.
- Proof of your right to work in the UK.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be interested in gaining experience in public policy, communications and opinion research.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Not take themselves too seriously.
Please note that you do not need to have a university degree or any professional work experience to apply.
Closing Date: 4 July 2022
Applications will be reviewed after the closing date.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview. If successful at this stage, you will be invited to a virtual or in-person interview.
The internship dates will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
Closing time: 9am
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A one-page CV.
2) A one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why public affairs, communications and / or opinion research.
- Why an internship and why Fleetwood.
- Where you heard about this opportunity.
3) One piece of previous work of which you are proud, together with a short explanation as to why. This work can be any medium.
We will acknowledge receipt of every application and inform you whether or not your application has been successful.