Date Added: 12 June 2022
: 8 July 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Gillian Keegan MP (Chichester)
Location: Chichester - London or remote also considered
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Gillian Keegan MP is looking for a caseworker to join her team, preferably based in Chichester but London/ remote applications will be considered. The role will have periodic travel to Westminster and would suit a candidate with local knowledge who is eager to learn more about the workings in Westminster. We are happy to consider flexible working requests.
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Monitor media coverage, draft regular local and national articles, press releases and updates to the website
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Undertake research and produce briefings on local and national issues
- Prepare speeches
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
- Proficiency in modern IT collaboration tools including Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Skype is essential and a desired working knowledge of other programmes such as Adobe Rush, Canva and Premiere Pro
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to handle matters sensitively, confidentially and to work well as part of a small team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, as the role involves lone and remote working
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 July 2022
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, however an appointment may be made before the closing date. Interviews expected to commence as early as possible.
Please email email@example.com with CV and covering letter with the subject line ‘Application for Caseworker’
14/06/2022 - Location changed from 'London' to 'Chichester - London or remote also considered'.