Date Added: 12 June 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Institute of Economic Affairs
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 based on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is a full-time position, to start in July 2022.
An opportunity to join a highly motivated Communications team, with responsibility for providing essential administrative and communications support to the Communications team at the Institute of Economic Affairs.
The right candidate will be a motivated, organised, and proactive individual with the capability of promoting the IEA’s work in all sectors of media, public affairs, and digital content.
There is no “typical day” for the IEA’s communications team. Below represents the range of duties that may be asked of the person selected for this role. We are committed to hiring the best talent available and will tailor specific duties to suit the right candidate. This is an entry level position.
The role will involve some travel and hours can be irregular, to suit the timing of meetings and events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 2:1 degree in a relevant subject.
- Accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to distil complex and technical arguments succinctly and clearly.
- Organised and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, with work experience on social media platforms.
- An understanding of and commitment to free-market ideas and arguments.
- Ability to prioritise and adjust strategies on an ongoing basis.
- As with all employees, a willingness to be flexible and versatile and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when appropriate.
- Willing to work long and sometimes unsocial hours.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Seeking and creating media opportunities for IEA staff.
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists and producers.
- Support on the drafting and dissemination of press releases, quotes and comments to the media.
- Support to Head of Public Affairs, including monitoring Parliament and other government legislatures.
- Working closely with the IEA’s Digital Officer on boosting our presence across social media channels.
- Technical support on digital output, digital operations, website maintenance, database management
- and updates.
- Representing the IEA at events and meetings.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Please find more information here: https://iea.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Communications-Officer-Ad-V1-0.pdf
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
Interview: 27th June – 1st July
Start Date: early-July
Please send the following to email@example.com
– Curriculum vitae
– Covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the job