Date Added: 13 June 2022
: 10 July 2022
Job Title: Data Analyst
Working For: Public First
Salary: £26,000 - £40,000, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands improve public policy. Based in London, we have worked in more than two dozen international markets. We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, and part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that make policy happen and work.
Our recent projects have included helping:
- Google quantify their economic and social impact in over 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North America
- the Zero Carbon Commission understand the impact of a uniform carbon price
- the SMMT look at the opportunities and risks from the transition to electric car
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, and opinion research to shape effective policy, create strategy and deliver communications with impact. We work with some of the world’s leading organisations on topics including tech, climate change, Industrial Strategy and education.
In this role, you will work with the wider team to build models to analyse the economic and social impact of our clients, the costs and benefits of new policy ideas, and public attitudes and polling data.
The right candidate will have:
• Strong proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
• Creativity and the ability to develop new modelling strategies
• The ability to rapidly learn and self-develop with tools such as R, Tableau etc
• Demonstrated interest in policy issues or quantitative research
Also desirable would be:
• Existing experience with R
• Significant past experience in quantitative modelling or a STEM postgraduate degree
• Demonstrated interest in opinion research
• Strong written communication skills
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than three hours. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and looking for the successful candidate to start in the next couple of months.
To apply, please fill in the form at https://airtable.com/shrWESVHt1IAqDgQS