Date Added: 14 June 2022
: 1 July 2022
Job Title: Website Manager
Working For: Institute for Government
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000, depending on skills and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Institute for Government is inviting applications for a Website Manager to join our busy communications team, to start as soon as notice periods allow.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, our new Website Manager will be a key part of how the Institute curates, communicates and promotes its work. With responsibility for looking after and updating the Institute’s website, the Website Manager will support staff across the Institute to ensure their work – across a range of formats – achieves maximum impact and drives traffic to our website.
As Website Manager at the Institute, you will:
- Look after the day to day running of the IfG website by scheduling, monitoring and refreshing IfG website content.
- Update the IfG’s website to respond to news events and our work, and upload new IfG content such as reports, videos, graphics and images.
- Provide backend website support and respond to and troubleshoot website issues.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information, archive material, and monitor and improve the ‘user experience’ of the website regularly.
- Work with communications team colleagues to help run the IfG Twitter account.
- Work with the research team to support the running of IfG liveblogs for e.g. elections and government reshuffles.
- Take responsibility for media tracking and weekly media round-ups.
- Support the Director of Communications in media handling duties.
- Support the IfG’s events and research teams in promoting events and content online.
For full details, including a person specification, please read the job application pack available on our website: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/website-manager
This role could suit people with a wide range of different experiences. If you are interested in applying but are not sure you have all the skills or experience we are looking for, please do so and give us the opportunity to consider you as a candidate.
Closing Date: 1 July 2022
Please note that applications for this role close at 11am on Friday 1st July 2022.
We expect that shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview in the w/c 18 July, with second interviews held in-person the following week.
To apply, please complete an online application: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/xbjasuye1n
We strongly encourage applicants to read the job application pack before completing their application, which can be found on our website: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/website-manager