Date Added: 14 June 2022
: 4 July 2022
Job Title: Events Officer
Working For: Institute for Government
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000, depending on skills and experience.
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for an Events Officer, starting as soon as possible.
As part of a four-person events team, within the wider communications team and reporting to the Director of Communications, you will support the design and co-ordination of the Institute’s programme of public and private events, workshops and roundtables. You will manage all the logistics around timely and professional event organisation and delivery, including:
- Liaising with IfG colleagues and external speakers to agree dates and timings for events, helping to manage a busy and flexible diary.
- Approaching external speakers for specific events as suggested by colleagues in the research and partnerships teams, and working closely with partners to deliver sponsored events.
- Creating guest lists, sending out event invitations and managing RSVPs using the Institute’s CRM database.
- Making all necessary catering and room set-up arrangements, including liaising with audio-visual support colleagues to ensure all an event’s AV needs are met.
- Preparing briefing notes for internal and external speakers.
- Greeting guests, assisting with registration and attending events to assist with delivery on the day (including working outside core hours).
- Capturing event analysis and updating records of attendance using CRM.
- Help prepare for and deliver Institute events outside of London, including our party conference programme.
- Share management of the busy events email inbox and deal with internal and external event enquiries.
- Help to keep the events page of the Institute website up-to-date.
For full details, including a person specification, please read the job application pack available on our website: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/events-officer
This role could suit people with a wide range of different experiences. If you are interested in applying but are not sure you have all the skills or experience we are looking for, please do so and give us the opportunity to consider you as a candidate.
Closing Date: 4 July 2022
Please note that applications for this role will close at 11am on 4 July 2022.
We expect that shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview in the w/c 18 July, with second interviews held in-person shortly afterwards.
To apply, please complete an online application:https://app.beapplied.com/apply/xykvtrgy3f
We would strongly encourage applicants to read the job application pack available on our website before completing their application: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/events-officer