Date Added: 14 June 2022
: 23 June 2022
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Catherine McKinnell MP (Newcastle-upon-Tyne North)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (£28,311 – £41,593)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Catherine is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational, customer service and communication skills to join her team. The role will involve managing and co-ordinating a professional and comprehensive response to casework issues and other correspondence from constituents, as well as supporting with ensuring a proactive online presence and effective communication with constituents and stakeholders. The position will be based in Catherine’s busy constituency office, for which part-time/flexible/fixed-term working or a job share would be considered for the right candidate(s).
- Ensuring all casework queries are dealt with quickly, effectively and courteously by the Team; dealing with complex queries on Catherine’s behalf.
- Supporting the Team in ensuring that constituents are kept informed and updated on Catherine’s work in Parliament and the constituency on their behalf.
Overall management of constituency casework including:
- Assisting with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate;
- Drafting letters and correspondence on Catherine’s behalf, including complex queries and concerns;
- Responding to constituents and managing confidential casework sensitively;
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters;
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation;
- Providing briefings and updates for the MP;
- Liaising with relevant groups /personnel/ constituents at Westminster and in the Constituency on Catherine’s behalf;
- Managing a large caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential, caring and sensitive manner;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends;
- Supporting with the external communication presence of the MP office;
- Other tasks as directed by Catherine to ensure the required service is provided to constituents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, email, internet and social media;
- Accurate drafting with attention to detail;
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 June 2022
The deadline is noon on Thursday 23 June 2022.
Interviews will be held in person during the week commencing 27 June 2022, with a view to starting as soon as possible, subject to references and security vetting.
To apply for this post, please e-mail a one page covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with CONSTITUENCY SUPPORT MANAGER – YOUR NAME in the subject line.